I’m currently getting up to speed with using Sharepoint as an intranet solution and had a requirement to embed a Flash object in a webpage. As I found out, it’s not straightforward but possible if you follow a few steps.
- Upload your SWF file into the documents library for your site,
- Copy the hyperlink to the SWF file as it exists in the library,
- Edit the page in which you want to embed the Flash object,
- On the Edit tab click on HTML Source,
- Paste in the following code:
- <Embed src=”RelativeUrlToFlahFile” TYPE=”application/x-shockwave-flash” width=”700″ height=”200″></Embed>
- Save your changes.
That should get your Flash object to load 🙂