I’d be very surprised if there isn’t a PS3 owner out there that doesn’t know about their entitlement to two free games given the prolonged outage to the PlayStation Network (PSN). What people may have trouble working out is how to actually claim these games so I thought I’d provide some instructions on how to do it.
- Login to the PlayStation Store
- Locate the Welcome Back tab in the upper left menu and select it,
- Choose “Welcome Back Free PS3 Game 1”,
- Choose the “Welcome Back Free PS3 Game 1” product and then select “Get Now”,
- Select the game of your choose and then choose “Download”,
- If you are also ready to download your second free game then repeat steps three to five above,
- Once you have downloaded your game(s) you can play them from the XMB.
Bear in mind that traffic is likely to be very high so you might encounter various error messages or other problems along the way. As such, you might want to hold off for a little bit until demand dies down (but not too late so as to miss out on the free games). Also, the games may be large in size so if you are on a limited quota you might want to check that you won’t incur excess charges or have your connection slowed down.
Happy downloading, people!