Yesterday, my wife was having problems syncing music from iTunes to her iPhone. She had a playlist that would sync successfully to her iPad mini but would not copy to her iPhone.
We tried all sorts of things, including:
- deleting the playlist off the iPhone and copying it back,
- reconnecting the iPhone,
- restarting the iPhone.
In the end, I figured that maybe iTunes had the wrong end of the stick in terms of understanding what the iPhone already had on it so we did the following:
- backup up the music in the playlist (this is important!),
- deleted the music from iTunes (and also from the iTunes library folder on the hard drive),
- copied the backup copy of the music back into the iTunes library folder,
- dragged the recopied music into iTunes,
- initiate the sync to iPhone.
That worked a charm for us but goodness knows if there is more music in her library affected by the same problem but at least we now have a solution to fix it.
Damn you, iTunes.