Here’s a quick tip for those of you who may rummage around and/or curse when you need to find the date quickly and have a terrible time trying to remember.
For users of Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7, all you need to do is the following:
- Right click on the taskbar,
- If there is a tick next to “Lock the taskbar” click on “Lock the taskbar” to unlock it – otherwise click on an empty part of the taskbar,
- Hover your mouse cursor over the top edge of the taskbar until it turns into two arrows pointing up and down,
- Hold down the left mouse button and drag upwards to increase the size of the taskbar by one increment,
- Once you have increased the size of your taskbar then let go of the left mouse button,
- Right click on the taskbar again,
- Left click on “Lock the taskbar”.
What you should now notice is that the time, day of week and the date are now presented in the bottom right hand corner of your screen. This is really handy so you can get a quick reminder at a glance without having to click on the time or get into your Outlook Calendar.
The added benefit of this approach is that it provides extra real estate for your window tabs and reducing the probability that your taskbar will become overcrowded and unwieldy.
Give it a go and, if you don’t like, you can always undo the change by unlocking the taskbar, dragging it back down and then locking it again.